OOC Thread #2

Started by Dave Baughman, July 26, 2010, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

Reports have been sent (somebody really lucked out on their R&D roll!) and combat sub-boards opened.

Also, the cabbage rolls were a success.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Marlin

Got a question regarding the Dragoon Commands (tm)

The Transport Assets they have are all good and dandy, now ruleswise: are they mobile commands or is the transport asset more like a fluff for them, making itself only mobile and the Unit goes more by transported mode or what?

If the whole unit is mobile then it would have cost quite a bunch, thats my question. At least 6 times their BV, if not 10 times.

Is that so or else?  :)

GraeGor

Regarding the FWL threads for Storfors, Loxley, and Reese Station...

unless those forces came from Coventry and moved through the empty hex at 1318, arent Hostile Movement posts required?

Minderoo and Saravan I presume those forces came from Vorzel and/or Eutin

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Marlin on September 09, 2010, 10:41:30 AM
Got a question regarding the Dragoon Commands (tm)

The Transport Assets they have are all good and dandy, now ruleswise: are they mobile commands or is the transport asset more like a fluff for them, making itself only mobile and the Unit goes more by transported mode or what?

If the whole unit is mobile then it would have cost quite a bunch, thats my question. At least 6 times their BV, if not 10 times.

Is that so or else?  :)

The Goons are all Transported, but they have a special movement rule that allows them to "ride" their transports. And I made sure they have 100% transport coverage.

For a House unit or an NPC merc to do the same they would have to buy the Mobile movement class, which would be painful cost-wise.

As an aside, the PC Mercs alternate transport rule is a playtest for some ideas I'm batting around for fixing the generally broken FGC movement system.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Holt

Yo Dave: Castille is a place in Spain, well Castile only one l. Since it has no gender it defaults to male, so Nuevo Castil(l)e is correct.

Dave Baughman

Holt

Its Castile in english, so basically they used that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Castile

Basically they took the English name and used Nuevo; not saying they are right.

Dave Baughman

LOL yeah, that was my point ;)

Good old FASA.

Oh wait, "All the languages changed in the future so we didn't actually make a mistake. Srs bsns."

august

A similar problem exists with the Ummayyads though, yes? The name suggests that they'd have taken up an Arab or Berber image, but atabeg is a Turkish title. Really, the whole thing's a mess.

NVA

CSV/AR - Guys, the following probably needs to be moved to a thread where conflict can occur, cause, Arc Royal isn't empty yet :)

Quote from: august on September 09, 2010, 05:53:18 AM
Quote from: GreyJaeger on September 08, 2010, 02:42:09 PM
Arc Royal Nadir Point
16 November 3069

The stillness of space was rent asunder from the arrival of a jumpship. A lone Hunter-Class Jumpship, the CSVS Recon sent out a signal.

"Arc-Royal Control, this is the CSVS Recon, requesting travel vectors and landing coordinates for a diplomatic envoy. Acknowledge."

"CSVS Recon, this is Arc-Royal command. We're clearing a pad for your dropship as of this transmission, travel vectors accompanying. Starport authorities ask that you kindly excuse the mess; the departure of the SLDF wasn't exactly the most orderly of affairs."

DXM

I've got to know, Noe, WTF is going on.  Every time a Clan shows up and there's even a sniff of Rim troops around, you bug out and leave me to die alone.  As the leader of the SLDF whose purpose it is to fight the Clans, I have to admit -- you're not exactly endearing the Star League to me.  I was going to ask for membership, but after being left alone to be eaten alive by the Cats and Adders. . .

Well, let's just say I had contemplated a PM that contained just two words.  I'm sure you can guess what they were going to be.

GraeGor

have to admit youve been a good sport thus far DXM

For the most part Im playing the ACW converts as people that have pretty much lost hope and faith in anything IS, and are desperately grasping, and hanging on with every thing theyve got, anything that even hints at hope that isnt tied to the RWR or IS/SL...in their minds one is responsible for the LC collapse, the other did nothing to help

Cannonshop

Need a Proxy for Millerton.  It's a straight Lance+1 on Star fight, They've got us on Mandatory Overtime at work and I don't have Saturday anymore.

Marlin

NVA

1 - Chalie Addeers and RWR are Lyran civil war participants.

2 - SLDF has no desire to die for those who abandoned the Lyran state.

3 - You appear to be seriously outnumbered and we don't fix that.

4 - The Wolves and their assets ARE SL members and are the SLDF priority.

5 - Don't feel special, the Wolves and SLDF are trying to get out of there no matter WHERE you are.

6 - SLDF purpose is to help SL members and carry out the fights identified.  Lyran civil war is not 1 of those.

So, no, SLDF has NO plan to help the RWR, Arc Royal, UIW, etc, vs the Chalie Adders or in no win situations against the other clans.  Especially not units trapped without support behind enemy lines.  They are on escape and evade orders.  Star League tied my hands when they decided NOT to pick sides.