OOC Thread #2

Started by Dave Baughman, July 26, 2010, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleH13

I am on MSN now. If you have in issue with my ruling to get the threads done I am ready to chat.

Dave Baughman

Graegor,

I appreciate that you are unhappy with the ruling, especially considering some of the shenanigans that have happened in the past. However, at risk of being a little too pointed, this isn't the past.

Critically, we now have an unbiased and fair online dice roller, so if there is no debate about the number of forces involved it should not be an issue for any of the parties involved to roll out the thread.

I respect the fact that you have limited time -- so do I, so I dig where you are coming from -- but at this point all the PVP combat threads are supposed to be done, and the measures Josh took to facilities this were reasonable and don't adversely impact any of the involved parties.

Basically, the short version is: Josh's ruling was not an attempt to screw any factions, it was a case of him doing his job as a GM. I would appreciate it if you would be flexible with the GM team in our efforts to ensure the game proceeds smoothly despite the time constraints we all have to contend with.

Quote from: GraeGor on September 27, 2010, 12:58:18 AM
Im not real happy with the ruling

I work parttime weekend graveyard shift currently, that's 10pm to 8am, I have about 2 hours from when I wake up (around 7pm) before I have to leave, and about the same after work before going to bed

and with the weeknight graveyard person leaving I may be going to full time, that's 4 nights a week, which will cut into the time I have available during those days

so I really DO NOT appreciate another player rolling for the Adders unless cleared by an Adder player, even if a GM says otherwise (GMs rolling are acceptable)

and I dont have Skype, and have no desire to get it....MSN and Yahoo work just fine
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Cannonshop

Let's rack up how this compares for a moment, shall we?

I work full-time.  Eight to ten hours a day, second shift (1400 to 2230 when not on overtime, as I was earlier this month...)

Means that most of the time that people are here-and-available, I'm working or sleeping.

I waited...what was it, eleven days for a response at Miquelon, and a similar or longer time-frame for Howick and Millerton, this in spite of people volunteering to proxy for both sides-because the Star Adders basically stopped responding entirely on those.

LittleH13 very reasonably insisted that the deadline IS the deadline, that it applies, that you finish today or the Staff will do it for you and the salvage will go to "Pirates".

So, I rolled it.

cheer up, you won at Howick, I 'threw' Miquelon, and you only 'lost' at Millerton.  that's a win/loss of 2/3 with minimal risk...but I AM hacked off that it wound up rolling to deadline day when it should've been finished a week ago, and there were people ready to finish the god-damned thing clean if your lot were unavailable-but you did not even bother answering them, and proxies have to have approval AND set an appointment for MM'ing.

fixed for language.

LittleH13

This message is to all players. The above issue has been resolved and need not be followed by any further posts.

Deathrider6

<------How do ya like BOBBY now?

DisGruntled

Internet (and cable) outages suck, especially on the weekends.  I hope they get it fixed before I get home today cause I hate it when I miss an appointment (apologies to chaos for yesterday).

To the best of my knowledge, I was never contacted by any proxies to try and set up a game by a UiW proxy.  If I was and missed it, I apologize.  I've never been a big fan of the brutality of simple res and its crits and would always prefer MM.  (MA on the other hand I don't know enough for important fights)

I didn't realize you were expecting a response at Miquelon CS and I'm sorry you got left hanging there.  I figured it was a Show the flag / face saving RP hook with your one man post, and went on to look at Coventry among others. 

Dave Baughman

Just a heads-up to everyone, if your faction has spent any resource points on intelligence rating improvements in the last 22 turns, read this thread as you are entitled to bonus fun stuff from the GM team.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Jeyar

I can't make heads or tails from this guys. I am posting it in the OOC area as it is OOC info, but I fully give leave for you ALL to use it IC, assuming you can convert it into something worthy of IC use.

-------
<redacted>
-------

The TC is giving this for free to all factions (well, other than the "faction" of the Dark). The reason as I am not posting it IC as it isn't what I can process as actual information, but maybe another CAN make use of it.

Would love if you can let me know anything, but if not, that is fine too...

I'm editing this because I am assuming the intention is not to induce people to metagame by using OOC information in-game. If the TC's intention is to make this information available in-game, please post it on an in-game board (either in the news thread or elsewhere). The OOC board is for OOC information only, and posts here are not "game legal" in terms of it being known IC.

Daemonknight

wow, CJF gets 6 of the intel trade tokens...awesome!
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Fatebringer

I'll trade you some MP for one... ;)

Marlin

Quote from: Daemonknight on September 28, 2010, 05:15:50 AM

I am also interested in any tokens others do not want to spend. Open for negotiations. Till the 3rd of October.

chaosxtreme

Quote from: Marlin on September 28, 2010, 06:45:56 PM
Quote from: Daemonknight on September 28, 2010, 05:15:50 AM

I am also interested in any tokens others do not want to spend. Open for negotiations. Till the 3rd of October.

The FWL is more interested then most. ;-)

Daemonknight

i've already gone out to acquire more myself. I have big plans
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

august

Okay, biting back my temper while I post this - the SLDF didn't actually leave Arc-Royal and nobody bothered to inform me? Having this information would have forced me to change everything - absolutely everything - that I RPed out this cycle. This is monumentally stupid, and leaves me in an untenable position. Not to mention that this is the second time.

NVA

1 - It was RPd that they weren't leaving
2 - Most of the units were already present, so no need for notification of hostile movement
3 - Notice of Departure on Hostile Movement has not been required in the past.  Only when you are entering a system.  Now, perhaps that needs to be reviewed. 

So, not meaning this ugly at ALL.  But, I have never posted when units don't move.  And, I recall GM rulings backing that in the past.  The SLDF has not been out of their cantonments.  There is a major force in the sky in jumpships and the forces on the ground that never lifted off.