OOC Thread #2

Started by Dave Baughman, July 26, 2010, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cannonshop

Quote from: tassa_kay on October 31, 2010, 11:58:10 PM

Quote from: Cannonshop on October 31, 2010, 10:34:35 PM
[but it's not "captain" obvious, thank you very much, I'm not an officer, I WORK for a living.

Whatever.  ::)

Okay, so the joke's worn and old.  So what, so am I.  I rather suspect with the exception of DR6, I'm old enough to be a Curmudgeon compared to the bulk of the rest of you.  (or at least, a snarky middle-aged man soon to be labouring under a Mortgage...)

Daemonknight

I envy you CS. I wanted to join, but my leg happened 2 months before i was set to go. :( actually was more upset about losing my contract than actually the medical issues.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

NVA

Hmmm...I wonder...

Been 20 years since I signed up.  Gulf War I started on my birthday.  I was on my way to MEPS the next day.

Parmenion

Quote from: Cannonshop on November 01, 2010, 09:58:31 AM
Quote from: tassa_kay on October 31, 2010, 11:58:10 PM

Quote from: Cannonshop on October 31, 2010, 10:34:35 PM
[but it's not "captain" obvious, thank you very much, I'm not an officer, I WORK for a living.

Whatever.  ::)

Okay, so the joke's worn and old.  So what, so am I.  I rather suspect with the exception of DR6, I'm old enough to be a Curmudgeon compared to the bulk of the rest of you.  (or at least, a snarky middle-aged man soon to be labouring under a Mortgage...)

We might have to compare enlistment dates, CS. 

DXM

That's me in the middle, asleep in the back of a Chinook flying over Iraq.

Marlin

FC on cbt.com is now taking applicants again.

Sad thing is, we need players too. :(

What can we do?

Cannonshop

Quote from: Marlin on November 01, 2010, 07:34:33 PM

What can we do?

considering they're only a year behind schedule...

Iron Mongoose

This game took a nearly year long break at one point, and yet we're all still here.  The other will probably be pushed back a bit more, even still, trying to get something like that running over November and December, but there's no harm in that, at least in my mind.  I'm in no hurry.

Marlin

True, but.. we are not that many left. Would it be bad style to advert intelser over there?

I mean, some went away because of waiting.

I wont play over there (unless some people can convince me), so I only care to gather some players here.

Cannonshop

I don't think it would be bad form, Marlin, as long as you kept it in the "Challenges and Gatherings" thread at CBT.Com, rather than hitting the FGC forum over there, and maybe a teaser on Fanfics or Non Canon Units might be a good idea.

Another good idea would be to see who's dropped since the move, and contact the ones you don't dislike to find out if they would be willing to come back. (It can't hurt...even if the answer is 'no'.)

Fatebringer

Quote from: Marlin on November 02, 2010, 02:35:57 PM
True, but.. we are not that many left. Would it be bad style to advert intelser over there?

I mean, some went away because of waiting.

I wont play over there (unless some people can convince me), so I only care to gather some players here.

I debated about signing up, but in the end, I'm still a fan of the game. I wouldn't mind trying to play it "Old School" cause by the time I started playing, the Clans were already a playable faction and my love of Raven flair began.

I've seen so many "Old Schoolers" that swore off the game after the Clans because they felt hosed. I don't mind going back to a game where an Ammo crit was lethal and tanks were useful ;)

I plan on using the skills I learned alongside the Hellions to have a swarm of locusts take down artillery mechs that WON'T be able to return fire due to minimum range, at least not with their main guns.

As well as the Melee tactics I learned watching the Star Adders fight...you know what you did... <<glare>>

It will not stop my participation in the FGC game here, and I'm catching up on the Solaris 7 game on the CBT site so hopefully things will be more managable.

Hopefully one day a Davion will come and take these orders off my hand and do them the justice I never did as the Dark squished me for many turns :P

Dave Baughman

Speaking in being behind schedule, I have been in a haze for the last few days and did not get to make a bunch of posts that I was supposed to make. I won't be able to do much tonight but I will get caught up tomorrow and Thurs. Lets call it a turn extension until the end this coming weekend with Turn 44 orders due Friday the 12th.

This means that Turn 44 will run into December a bit, but since we normally more or less take December as a 'break month' anyway it should be OK.

My apologies for leaving folks hanging, midterms burnt me out more than I thought and once the work week was over I completely crashed :( not that that's an excuse  :-\

Quote from: Cannonshop on November 01, 2010, 07:50:58 PM
Quote from: Marlin on November 01, 2010, 07:34:33 PM

What can we do?

considering they're only a year behind schedule...
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

DXM

Pehaps I missed something, but when are orders due for Cycle 44?

Cannonshop

"Lets call it a turn extension until the end this coming weekend with Turn 44 orders due Friday the 12th. "

DXM

Quote from: Cannonshop on November 03, 2010, 06:49:57 AM
"Lets call it a turn extension until the end this coming weekend with Turn 44 orders due Friday the 12th. "

I must have missed that one.  Thanks for the head's up.