OOC Thread #2

Started by Dave Baughman, July 26, 2010, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Daemonknight

So yeah. Strip club to celebrate my friend Dave coming home from Basic Training with the Army. Good times. down about 300 bucks, but it was well worth it for a shitload of drinks, and eye candy. I love that place. Especially fun when ur friends with the Bar Manager, and head of security :P
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Deathrider6

Very good MISTER Baughman...welcome to Geneva...we have so much to talk about. This will go so much easier if you just relax and co-operate. ;)

Fatebringer

Quote from: Daemonknight on May 05, 2011, 07:03:35 AM
So yeah. Strip club to celebrate my friend Dave coming home from Basic Training with the Army. Good times. down about 300 bucks, but it was well worth it for a shitload of drinks, and eye candy. I love that place. Especially fun when ur friends with the Bar Manager, and head of security :P

He he he, I get to go to an "Exotic Dancer" Awards Show and Review with the Head of Security and the DJ in August. ;) I have some "interesting" pictures from last year ;)

Daemonknight

nice. Me and Dave made a few friends among the hotter girls last night, so they're expecting us back saturday. Should be a good time, its almost my birthday, so perhaps I'll get a present, haha.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Parmenion

Is the new '91 threads locked, or something?  Just that I don't seem to be able to post anything.

As an aside...  Prince's Champion(Reagent): Conrad Davion

Reagent = A substance used in a chemical reaction to detect, measure, examine, or produce other substances.

Reagent = Regent

Also... Is there going to be a separate periphery personailities thread, as I noticed that the IS one has been notated as exclusively for those decadent IS Houses.  Thanks.

cheers

Daemonknight

The stickied threads are locked so they don't get cluttered, use PMs so me or DR can update them. If you can see it, you should be able to start new threads and post however.

Thanks for the spellcheck. I hadn't made a Periph personalities, as I didn't know exactly whose running with real periph realms. Whose left, MoC and TC?

Daemonknight

So apparently I set the Rules & OOC section to read-only. Not sure why, but its fixed now so everyone can post normally.

Lord Harlock

Quote from: Parmenion on May 07, 2011, 03:09:21 PM

As an aside...  Prince's Champion(Reagent): Conrad Davion

Ah Conrad, one of the legacies that I didn't expect. When the second Star League fell, I was really hoping that Victor was going to become a FedSuns character. Oh we had such plans for the 1st Royal Battlemech Regiment becoming the new 1st Kathil Uhlans. And Victor would become Prince's Champion. It didn't happen. And I was left as I became the guy tracking the Crucis March with my plans dashed. Plus, I never got to write Vic's conversations with the dead Focht. I later just did it with the Duke of Summer having the ghost of Aldo Lestrade haunting and possessing him.

But so Conrad, he was basically a name that appeared on pages 110 and 111 of Handbook Davion. In short, he was a Argyle Davion and was made Minister of the Crucis March after the Civil War in canon. Traditionally, the Minister is also the Prince's Champion, but it isn't always so. Anyhow, I decided to start using Conrad. However even though I know that his middle name is Jerric, his past was radically changed without his father being executed in 3062 thanks to the FedCom Civil War. So, I basically gave his motivation that he wanted to ensure that the Suns never had a problem where its military industrial complex faced being taken by a neighbor. Thus was born the Crucis Plan to encourage manufactures to build military facilities in the interior of the Crucis March. It really wasn't a great success. Sure, I got a MF on Verde, Defiance, and El Dorado. Plus that lucky shipyard over Crofton thanks to a lucky roll. Actually Verde and Defiance were lucky as well since I got them as a prize.

The reason for Verde and Defiance. I loved the description of Defiance in the novel, the Hunters. It's a hell hole. It's in complete contrast to most FedSuns worlds, so I figure its atmosphere already barely breathable might as well make it a industrial powerhouse. Plus, Defiance and I have a long history as the originator of a insider fan joke. A long time ago as Talon and Galax fell in the Jihad, I joked on CBT: at that rate, the Suns would be reduced to two urbanmechs on Defiance. It got immortalized by 3CL and MadCap in one of their send ups of Hope and Cosby. I made it a GM Tank Factory.

Verde was completely different. It was to thank Generalstoner for being a friend. In 3062, he started running the 12th Vegan Rangers which are from Verde. So as a legacy to Generalstoner, I'll had a MF built on Verde by Robinson Standard Battleworks to build . . . Atlases. Yeah, I know, but Atlases were originally built by the Suns at Quentin. And well that's a windmill for the Draconis March. It's probably never going to be returned to the Suns in canon, so why not have RSB build a facility to build them since they are already building the Victor, originally a product of Independence Weaponry of Quentin as well, and the Sagittaire. It was also in my mind a way to work towards the Vegan Rangers becoming line troops instead of mercs.

So back to Conrad, I basically made him an odd Davion: he liked politics. Eventually, I gave him a love interest in the form of Heather D'Avon. don't ask where I got the name, who he married after the Tikonov Ball. And they had twins, Lucien and Marie. Also Conrad and Heather became friends with Ami Kabriniski and later Cameron Kabriniski due to the fact the Suns hid Ami along with her son Bjorn at Castle Davion where Conrad was staying while being Regent.  

And all of that came from the fact that I didn't get Victor.

Daemonknight

Well now I have Victor too ;)

Deathrider6

There needs to be a periphery who's who thread for sure. Just an aside I will be answering PM's as quickly as possible then I need to get with Chaos to do the T47 starter map. Hopefully everything can be ready in time. If there are any corrections/changes to the map please PM them to the GM account so I can compile them into an update sheet. There will be some adjustments made as well but they will hopfully be minor.

Daemonknight

Periph Personalities thread is up, pm me or DR(preferablly me so he can focus on other stuff) to get your faction's big shots listed

Daemonknight

Please note, everything in the '62 boards has been locked against posting, with the exception of the Rules & OOC board, and the Faction Roleplaying boards. These will also be locked up after the 91 game goes live. Most of the 62 boards will be made invisible to keep the area from getting too cluttered as 91 gets rolling. the 62 RP boards will remain visible, though they'll remain locked against posting.