OOC Thread #2

Started by Dave Baughman, July 26, 2010, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

august

Quote from: NVA on August 11, 2010, 08:39:41 PM
One would think.  But, I don't even know what units are 'SLDF' and where.  That is part of the fog of this change over, etc.  And, communication failures happen.  But, honestly, I don't know if there are any seconded units to the SLDF anywhere, except the ones that have been reported to the SL Council.

Well, that does shed light on things... I apologize for being more hostile than I should have been. I assumed that I was being singled out because I am, well, a jerk (as evidenced by my attitude there). It's not any less difficult for that, but still it does improve my outlook a bit.

NVA

No no.  You are not special.  You are a normal worm to be kept in the dark, just like everyone else.

Seriously, it is part of why I am pushing for better coordination IC.  I truly have NO idea what is where, which makes it IMPOSSIBLE to be a CG.

chaosxtreme

Quote from: Iron Mongoose on August 11, 2010, 08:11:52 PM
Quote from: august on August 11, 2010, 07:52:12 PM
OOC: D'Souza is the FWL General who caused trouble on Arc-Royal, no? Are there any FWL units amongst the SLDF force that I would know about upon my arrival? This has potential to get ugly.

That is the same name, yes, though with a trillion people in the IS there could be two of them out there who both just chanced to be Generals in the same theater of opperations for difrent units in the SLDF.  Noe would have to speak to his intention here.

The FWL's D'Souza was the commander of the 2nd Knights of the Inner Sphere, and has been active on the Clan front for the entirety of the game (I don't think they've ever been home, from turn 1 to now, since they started the game as one of our SLDF contribution units and remained on after we pulled the bulk of our force out).  He was at Pisag, and he's been the face of the FWL in theater for years.

What he's done since I left, that is not for me to say.

Well I don't mind pointing out Supreme Commander our contingent on Arc-Royal since well forever.

Kept a cool head and neutrality when the Lyrans and Kell's were at Loggerheads.

Is all kinds of enraged about the cockup the Lyran Military has had in their joint operations and what he considers "leaning upon the FWLM contingent to save their nation", and is well past being diplomatic about telling Lyran Social General's that irregardless of their rank, noble title's or beauracratic standing he will be in command of any joint operation he undertakes.

Surprisingly this did not go over well with the Arc Royalians.

Oh and he might have been the one to deliver to the Arc Royal Estates General the FWL equivalent of Japans WW1 21 Demands to China.

Surprisingly they were upset about not being treated like an equal nation. ;-)

august

Quote from: NVA on August 11, 2010, 08:58:06 PM
No no.  You are not special.  You are a normal worm to be kept in the dark, just like everyone else.

Seriously, it is part of why I am pushing for better coordination IC.  I truly have NO idea what is where, which makes it IMPOSSIBLE to be a CG.

Could we address this via the order sheets and some help from the GMs? Have each player mark which units are SLDF seconded on the sheets, and then have the GMs copy the relevant sections, paste it into its own form, and send it to NVA or whomever?

NVA

LOL...That could be interesting, considering there are players who have IC reasons for not telling me.  Hence why I am working it IC.

Quote from: august on August 11, 2010, 09:25:49 PM
Quote from: NVA on August 11, 2010, 08:58:06 PM

Could we address this via the order sheets and some help from the GMs? Have each player mark which units are SLDF seconded on the sheets, and then have the GMs copy the relevant sections, paste it into its own form, and send it to NVA or whomever?

NVA

Quote from: Fatebringer on August 11, 2010, 09:36:48 PM
Us Ravens would pay extra to show our ability to "Bend the Truth" ;)

Raven: Do not try and bend the truth. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Raven: There is no truth.
Neo: There is no truth?
Raven: Then you'll see, that it is not the truth that bends, it is only your mind.

GraeGor

DAYUM

It's quiet in here

*crickets chirping*

DXM

C'MON, FEEL THE NOOOOOOOISE!
GIRLS, ROCK YOUR BOOOOOOYS!
WE'LL GET WILD, WILD, WILD!

How's that?  Better?

GraeGor

Quote from: DXM on August 12, 2010, 07:38:18 PM
C'MON, FEEL THE NOOOOOOOISE!
GIRLS, ROCK YOUR BOOOOOOYS!
WE'LL GET WILD, WILD, WILD!

How's that?  Better?

Actually it is....much

Deathrider6

LOL I remember when that was new...

GreyJaeger

Quote from: Deathrider6 on August 13, 2010, 08:26:39 AM

Which one? Quiet Riot's version, or Slade's?

Slightly off-topic, for those of you who are not there yet, and those who are there probably know what I am talking about.

When music that was band new when you were young starts being played on Classic Rock stations, you are getting old. For me, it was Pearl Jam's Evenflo... I was a sophomore in high school when that song came out. *sigh*

Fatebringer

Hey, at least Alternative music was awesome enough to endure ;) It was Smashing Pumpkins for me ;)

Daemonknight

I grew up listening to 80s music, even though I wasn't in high school untill the 2000's
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Deathrider6

Quote from: GreyJaeger on August 13, 2010, 12:39:04 PM
Quote from: Deathrider6 on August 13, 2010, 08:26:39 AM

Which one? Quiet Riot's version, or Slade's?

Slightly off-topic, for those of you who are not there yet, and those who are there probably know what I am talking about.

When music that was band new when you were young starts being played on Classic Rock stations, you are getting old. For me, it was Pearl Jam's Evenflo... I was a sophomore in high school when that song came out. *sigh*

Both

DXM

I need to vent.  It's literally 120 degrees outside right now and I'm trying to sleep.  My AC unit isn't working.  Why?  Because it is iced over.  Seriously?  WTF!