OOC Thread #2

Started by Dave Baughman, July 26, 2010, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

august

Quote from: Daemonknight on August 23, 2010, 04:34:20 AM
I'm talking about the Wolves feeling shamed themselves. If the Clans are truly the superiors they deem themselves to be(the wolves would not have lost their arrogance at being trueborn), then being told by Spheroid politicians, of all people, that you are a bad commander...that would make most people associated with that warrior feel like he shamed the whole program.

Then another Wolf warrior kills him in a Trial of Grievance, they pat themselves on the back and mutter a "yep, showed him," and they move on. The shame isn't in the commander screwing up, it would be in letting a commander who screwed up hang around. Once he's gone, he's forgotten, except for maybe tainting the perception of his genekids. Sentimental people the clans are not.

Aleksandr

Quote from: Daemonknight on August 23, 2010, 04:34:20 AM
I'm talking about the Wolves feeling shamed themselves. If the Clans are truly the superiors they deem themselves to be(the wolves would not have lost their arrogance at being trueborn), then being told by Spheroid politicians, of all people, that you are a bad commander...that would make most people associated with that warrior feel like he shamed the whole program.

This isn't a case of what the other Clans think...we have made our position quite clear how we view the wolves. I'm saying from an internal viewpoint, he doesn't want to be replaced by people who would be viewed(by the Wolf warriors) as essentially useless themselves. The position itself isn't whats important, its that he can be seen to do his job better than those less suitible(freeborn, sphereoid politicans).

Or it would prove to them that the Sphereoids are inferior, due to their allowing petty squabbles to get in the way of the waging of war.

august

Regarding the RP on Tharkad, I just want to make it clear that my IC rant in no way reflects actual OOC negative feelings towards any of the players involved in the conference there, or in the Lyran situation as a whole. There was no way that that meeting was going to go smoothly, given the IC disagreements that everyone walked in with. Thanks to everyone involved thus far - it's been great, I've enjoyed it and hope it continues in good chaotic fun.

tassa_kay

Between the Lyran breakaway factions literally ignoring you for no discerable reason other than naked self-interest (and no real IC reasoning to support it), and NVA dragging his feet... why do you even play A-R anymore, August?  Are you a masochist and never told me?  I would've gladly given you a spanking or a flogging or something if I had known. ;)

chaosxtreme

Hey Tassa, sometimes it is fun to be the one raving voice of sanity/insanity in a universe of grimdark political oppurtunism angst crying about the needs of the people who are getting it in the kneck to build oppulent palaces to the few and the noble.

Augusts doing a good job of it. He's picked a hard fight but I think those who would see Arc-Royal fall will have more than a few more lump's, black eyes and broken bone's before August goes into that night.

:) And Im not just saying that.

Garcux was a true suprise and well executed I hadn't expected him to operate on the Free Worlds border with his Clan problem, but he beautifully gave them a black eye. Well done August.  ;D

Deathrider6

No worries August I am enjoying the Tharkad thread too.

NVA

I am cool august.  Almost decided to have a Phelan loves Kat moment there.  :)

Quote from: august on August 23, 2010, 12:28:41 PM
Regarding the RP on Tharkad, I just want to make it clear that my IC rant in no way reflects actual OOC negative feelings towards any of the players involved in the conference there, or in the Lyran situation as a whole. There was no way that that meeting was going to go smoothly, given the IC disagreements that everyone walked in with. Thanks to everyone involved thus far - it's been great, I've enjoyed it and hope it continues in good chaotic fun.

Marlin

I would have some more to spend in the bidding thread. My limit was reasonable. :D

Daemonknight

Did Fate and I pass over your top-end? :P We arn't kidding around.

They're mine Fate! *glare*  ::)
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

DisGruntled

"Sir, Mr Kerensky seems to be obsessed with nuclear weapons."

"Do you have his location confirmed?"

"Yes, sir we have current imagery."

"Very well, I think it best to give him what he so obviously wants.  You may fire when ready."

Dave Baughman

Just a general heads-up to those who have been emailing me regarding specific threads: I have not forgotten any of you. However, I am working 4-hour overtime shifts every day this week, so my time will be very limited till the weekend. I'm trying to concentrate on the core RP threads during the week - none of the combat threads I am involved with will be penalized for running a little late on account of my schedule limitations.

Fair warning also:

1) next week I will probably also be on mega-overtime
2) next week I will be starting two college classes

So week-day availability will be at a premium.

This situation may continue indefinitely assuming I can balance my overtime with my schoolwork, but it should not adversely impact my availability on the weekends, during which I'll be doing the bulk of my FGC work for now.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

august

What are the courses that you're taking, if you don't mind sharing?

Dave Baughman

Quote from: august on August 26, 2010, 01:35:04 AM
What are the courses that you're taking, if you don't mind sharing?

Nothing exciting this semester; Accounting & Financial Reporting II plus an elective Personal Finance course. Couple more semesters to wrap up this business degree program I'm kind of stuck in though, then I can hopefully do something more interesting (read: Japanese language courses -> hard language + FSO test = yay synergy bonus).
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

tassa_kay

Damn your school for not giving you that Japanese-language course now... I could use some pointers before my trip to Okinawa in March!

august

Quote from: Dave Baughman on August 26, 2010, 01:40:50 AM
Nothing exciting this semester; Accounting & Financial Reporting II plus an elective Personal Finance course. Couple more semesters to wrap up this business degree program I'm kind of stuck in though, then I can hopefully do something more interesting (read: Japanese language courses -> hard language + FSO test = yay synergy bonus).

An elective personal finance course? Given I'm in comp lit, I recommend something useful for life, like 18th century Catalan literature.  :P