OOC Thread #2

Started by Dave Baughman, July 26, 2010, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatebringer

* You offend me sir! * <<Slap with glove>> * I shall have satisfaction! *

chaosxtreme

Pistols, saber's, battlemechs or...Nuclear Bombs at 10 paces!!!

Hugin

geee.... naval gauss on point blank...

Daemonknight

Josh's Special:

You(pistol) vs Him(mass driver), at 10km
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

LittleH13

What me?  ;)  Are you saying that I would use a mass driver cannon?

Quote from: Daemonknight on September 04, 2010, 02:08:36 AM
Josh's Special:

You(pistol) vs Him(mass driver), at 10km

Iron Mongoose

If that's the gun I'm thinking of, I'd take that. Just step one hex to the side...

LittleH13

But mine is a gattling mass driver cannon.   :)

Marlin

Quote from: Dave Baughman on September 02, 2010, 01:57:28 AM
Quote from: Marlin on September 01, 2010, 07:17:14 PM
I hope the GMs, one of them, is able to answer my PM so that I can get the orders in in time. :P

If its the one I think it is, I will try to get you a definitive answer on Friday night, but I won't have the time before that due to my work schedule.

I hope I get it today then, Dave. Pleez. :)

Instrumental for my orders it is.

DXM

When given the choice of pistols or swords, if I choose pistols, that means my opponent gets swords, right?

chaosxtreme

Quote from: DXM on September 04, 2010, 09:44:22 AM
When given the choice of pistols or swords, if I choose pistols, that means my opponent gets swords, right?

If its me, Im fine with that.

After all you choose a pistol no one ever said you got bullets.

Cannonshop

Quote from: DXM on September 04, 2010, 09:44:22 AM
a choice between pistol or sword, pick hatchets, give the seconds and the witnesses a tale to tell.

Daemonknight

Just remember this in a pistol duel:

if you supply the pistols, make sure the one without the firing pin is the other guys(a 3x Great Uncle did that in a duel apparently, gave a guy a pistol without a firing pin).
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Marlin

Finally some movement at Carstairs. :)

Still, my personal limit is not yet reached. :D

Not that it matters there.

GraeGor

couple of questions for everyone:

1) what is/comprises an Auxillary Brigade?

and

2) what is/comprises a Combined Arms Brigade?

Daemonknight

A brigade is a multi-regimental force, usually between 2-5 Regiments in size. Combined Arms is a very broad term, simply meaning multiple types of soldiers are working together(for example, an RCT is a form of Combined Arms Brigade, because it has multiple regiments of different types of troops(armor, mechs, infantry).

An Auxiliary Brigade is more of a societal thing. Auxiliary troops are second tier soldiers, such as conventional infantry or conventional fighters. Armor might also be considered auxiliary, because its role was supplanted by Mechs. BA could be seen as auxiliary at one time, but has become very commonplace, so it might not qualify. But it all depends on your view of the battlefield: Mechs are the top-tier soldiers, and if your view is that they are sole masters of the modern battlefield, everything else could be considered Auxiliary.