OOC Thread #2

Started by Dave Baughman, July 26, 2010, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

Guys, a ruling regarding Arc Royal will be forthcoming soon. Lest this turn into a point of contention, lets table discussion until the GMs have spoken.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

NVA

DXM

Christ, we're being overrun by spam.

Deathrider6

Yep...Dave needs to paste that spammer I can't keep up.

DisGruntled

The calm before the storm...

I'm heading out early Friday to go push some Russian tanks around in AL and will probably be out of contact till Sunday.  I'm looking forward to some chaos while I'm away, so don't dissappoint.  ;D

Cannonshop

Boy, y'know, I don't think my faction would be NEARLY as interesting if they all worked in lockstep the way they might've.  It's fun showing Debbie-dun-screwed-up politically...

Daemonknight

i think my Orkney thread is offically the fastest finished combat thread, from opening of the sub-boards, the [complete]
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Deathrider6

At the request of H13 do not comment in the WW2 Enactment thread up in general discussion. There will be a discussion thread.

NVA

Jeyar...Reach out to me sometime to catch me up on the Niops stuff, if you would.

NVA

Could someone who knows provide me a clan to SLDF formation and rank translation?  Niops to SLDF too, if needed and anyone knows.  Thanks much.

Daemonknight

Clan to IS ranks:

Point/Squad Level: Point Commander -> Junior NCO(Sergeant, Staff Sergeant)

Mechwarriors: Mechwarrior -> Any(non-command positions could be anything from a Private to a senior NCO depending on structure)

Platoon/Star/Lance Level: Star Commander -> Lieutentant

Company/Binary/Trinary: Star Captain -> Captain

Battalion Level: No Clan Rank -> Major

Cluster/Regiment Level: Star Colonel -> Lt Colonel, Colonel

Galaxy/Brigade/RCT Level: Galaxy Commander -> Major General, General, Brigadier General

Where multiple ranks are listed for the IS, i tried to make them sequentially higher up, but because all the militaries are different and i don't have any access to an SLDF rank list, you can fluff it however you want.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

tassa_kay

Here.

http://sarna.net/wiki/Military_Ranks

Use the big table at the bottom of the page.  It should be exactly what you need, NVA.

Daemonknight

I was spot on untill the bottom. Wasn't counting the administrative command positions.

NVA

Marlin

Will there be a Custom thread up?

Cuz I would like to field one soon..

for my saKhan.