OOC Thread #2

Started by Dave Baughman, July 26, 2010, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

I think the rule on Customs is that one's previously approved on CBT are still valid, but new Customs are not being accepted...atleast thats what i believe i was told when i asked.

Could just be it's Josh's way of showing how much he likes me ;)
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

tassa_kay

Daemonknight

it isn't the rule on Customs, or it isn't Josh's way of showing our friendship? :P
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

DisGruntled

Some have been awarded due to research rolls.

It probably wouldn't hurt to post up an approved custom mech thread. (the rules forum is probably the best spot)

It'll help prevent any rude surprises when they pop up.

Daemonknight

i was refering to submitting NEW custom designs. I assume theres a few customs floating about that're R&D awards

NVA

There are 2 types of customs:

1 - One offs.  Old rules allowed about 3 of these per 'state'.  There was one and only one copy of these and they were attached to a character.
2 - Research Finds - A certain roll on the research chart will result in the ability to turn a One Off into a Faction Design.  Now, you can produce and others can use it.  See the Wolf custom for one of these.  Now, if only I could remember the chassis name right now.  LOL

Daemonknight

the Widowmaker perhaps?

NVA

Quote from: Daemonknight on October 15, 2010, 02:48:01 PM
the Widowmaker perhaps?

No.  The Widowmaker was ruled a Faction Design for Clan Wolf.  I can take Widowmakers.  It is based on a RD chassis and is a IIc, technically.  Dave will tell us in a heartbeat when he sees this, as it was part his baby and part of the close cooperation between the RD and WiE.

DisGruntled

Marlin

NVA

It is a Viking IIc, based on the Viking IV, I think.

Marlin

Still would appreciate the specifics of a Viking IV. GMs or anybody? (I got that one..)

chaosxtreme

Streak LRM 20's. Lots of them the end. ;-)

So you know. bring an AMS and fight in forests.

Marlin

Oh.. thats indeed different..

sounds a bit likey.. :D

Fatebringer

Finding Guerrilla's sucks! :P Third time hunting these bastards down and they're getting stronger :P We have multiple Divisions, Aerial recon, Warships in orbit to make sure they don't escape, and they go enslave a militia outpost, Sheesh! :P