OOC Thread #2

Started by Dave Baughman, July 26, 2010, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatebringer

For fun, I made a Custom Naginata that uses eLRMs ;)

Marlin

eLRMs suck. Cant fire indirectly, right?

Anyway, I liked that strike of the Dark. :D

LittleH13

This message is to everyone. Quit with the 1.3242314351345 FP bids/invasion, this game is supposed to go the nearest .25 in simres or not. Stop making my head hurt with useless unneeded math.

-Josh

Fatebringer

Quote from: Marlin on October 15, 2010, 10:02:40 PM
eLRMs suck. Cant fire indirectly, right?

Anyway, I liked that strike of the Dark. :D

The Naginata is a C3 master, you can park 2 ammo trucks by it and keep firing :P

Dave Baughman

Just FYI as it may be pertinent to your interests, the RD has their own version of this... see: http://fc62.intelser.org/index.php?title=Rasalhague_Dominion

Quote from: Daemonknight on October 14, 2010, 07:45:29 PM
Clan to IS ranks:

Point/Squad Level: Point Commander -> Junior NCO(Sergeant, Staff Sergeant)

Mechwarriors: Mechwarrior -> Any(non-command positions could be anything from a Private to a senior NCO depending on structure)

Platoon/Star/Lance Level: Star Commander -> Lieutentant

Company/Binary/Trinary: Star Captain -> Captain

Battalion Level: No Clan Rank -> Major

Cluster/Regiment Level: Star Colonel -> Lt Colonel, Colonel

Galaxy/Brigade/RCT Level: Galaxy Commander -> Major General, General, Brigadier General

Where multiple ranks are listed for the IS, i tried to make them sequentially higher up, but because all the militaries are different and i don't have any access to an SLDF rank list, you can fluff it however you want.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Daemonknight on October 15, 2010, 10:11:20 AM
I think the rule on Customs is that one's previously approved on CBT are still valid, but new Customs are not being accepted...atleast thats what i believe i was told when i asked.

Could just be it's Josh's way of showing how much he likes me ;)

Customs are on hiatus right now but will be coming back with the revised R&D rules I am working on. For now, any already-approved customs are grandfathered, as are any customs gained through special R&D events, and the general ability to gain customs will return when the revised rules are done.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: NVA on October 15, 2010, 06:18:08 PM
It is a Viking IIc, based on the Viking IV, I think.

The Viking IIC was originally the VKG-4F Viking IV, but the old GM team required the name change because "Clans don't use model numbers" etc. In the RD IC fluff, there are a couple of references to the Rassies' VKG-4O Viking IV being their own final version of the older IIC/4F version that the WIE codeveloped with them. The final Rassie version is substantially different from the final WIE version, but in fluff they started as the same design.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Marlin on October 15, 2010, 07:48:23 PM
Still would appreciate the specifics of a Viking IV. GMs or anybody? (I got that one..)

Which version do you have (RD or WIE)? I have the MTF files for both versions kicking around somewhere.

Marlin

It was Scientists on Strana Mechty, I would assume RD.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Marlin on October 18, 2010, 12:05:11 AM
It was Scientists on Strana Mechty, I would assume RD.

Yep, those were the RD type. I will dig up the MTF files for you and send them to you next time I catch you online.

Dave Baughman

OK, Turn 43 rules update is complete.

Players: please read the sections on Repair & Refit (which contains a major revision to clarify and simplify skill change handling) and Yardships (which implements an old rules update that never got into the thread).

GM Team: please note the change to the GM Rules regarding what order we respond to PMs in.

GraeGor

Quote from: Dave Baughman on October 18, 2010, 01:02:20 AM

Players: please read the sections on Repair & Refit (which contains a major revision to clarify and simplify skill change handling) and Yardships (which implements an old rules update that never got into the thread).

GM Team: please note the change to the GM Rules regarding what order we respond to PMs in.

What if one had already submitted orders where parts of a larger unit are undergoing training? How are they affected by the Rules change?

Dave Baughman

Quote from: GraeGor on October 18, 2010, 02:05:22 AM
Quote from: Dave Baughman on October 18, 2010, 01:02:20 AM

What if one had already submitted orders where parts of a larger unit are undergoing training? How are they affected by the Rules change?

If they were legal under the old version of the rule, they're grandfathered, unless you got "short changed" by the old rule in which case shoot me a PM with the breakdown of how it would have worked under the old rule and how it works under the new rule and I'll make a one-off ruling on how to adjudicate it.

Dave Baughman

august

It's fantastic. Thank you.