OOC Thread #2

Started by Dave Baughman, July 26, 2010, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cannonshop

Quote from: DXM on November 03, 2010, 08:36:12 AM
Quote from: Cannonshop on November 03, 2010, 06:49:57 AM
"Lets call it a turn extension until the end this coming weekend with Turn 44 orders due Friday the 12th. "

I must have missed that one.  Thanks for the head's up.

No problem.

Lord Harlock

Quote from: Cannonshop on November 02, 2010, 07:49:12 PM
I don't think it would be bad form, Marlin, as long as you kept it in the "Challenges and Gatherings" thread at CBT.Com, rather than hitting the FGC forum over there, and maybe a teaser on Fanfics or Non Canon Units might be a good idea.

Honestly, I don't mind advertising in the FGC over on CBT. Hell, I have an ad basically in my signature that says to join 3062, and it is an embedded link to the sign up thread. But I'll help you out by putting up an ad for Flashpoint and the Old Grey Lady of FGCs, 3062, in the OOC thread. Because honestly, I don't mind cross playing. And I'm running the gateway for FGC now. I get newer players hooked, and then they might want something different and come over here.

So it is win-win for everyone except for other free time activates.

Quote from: Fatebringer on November 02, 2010, 07:59:30 PM
Hopefully one day a Davion will come and take these orders off my hand and do them the justice I never did as the Dark squished me for many turns :P

Are you trying to tell me something?

Deathrider6

Quote from: Lord Harlock on November 03, 2010, 03:18:45 PM
Quote from: Cannonshop on November 02, 2010, 07:49:12 PM
I don't think it would be bad form, Marlin, as long as you kept it in the "Challenges and Gatherings" thread at CBT.Com, rather than hitting the FGC forum over there, and maybe a teaser on Fanfics or Non Canon Units might be a good idea.

Honestly, I don't mind advertising in the FGC over on CBT. Hell, I have an ad basically in my signature that says to join 3062, and it is an embedded link to the sign up thread. But I'll help you out by putting up an ad for Flashpoint and the Old Grey Lady of FGCs, 3062, in the OOC thread. Because honestly, I don't mind cross playing. And I'm running the gateway for FGC now. I get newer players hooked, and then they might want something different and come over here.

Quote from: Fatebringer on November 02, 2010, 07:59:30 PM
Hopefully one day a Davion will come and take these orders off my hand and do them the justice I never did as the Dark squished me for many turns :P

Are you trying to tell me something?

Ummm. yeah. There is an onlone gaming board over on CBT...takes a PM to Chunga or Fej to get the post there.

Fatebringer

I'll do my best while your running the 3010 game. Thanks for the Heads up to your people about these games. :) We enjoy the publicity. We're rebuilding Panpour up now and will keep after them Dark bastards! XD

Marlin

Quote from: Lord Harlock on November 03, 2010, 03:18:45 PM

Thanks, dude.

NVA

Marlin,
  At the RWR world, I could give you a generic SLDF response, but, I don't have the details of exactly where they are going.  I just know the general plan.

Marlin

Well, there would be just a surrender or fight post needed.

NVA

Surrender?  No

Fight, you didn't challenge us :)  You just asked us where we were going.

Cannonshop

bored...bored...bored...I hate the "Order sheet lull".

I need more to do.

no, seriously. I need more to do-now that I've doped out HOW to do things, I'm chafing at my size, need something to keep busy with.

Cannonshop

I've got a faction that takes about thirty minutes to do the orders-sheet for.  I suppose I could pull a 'clean' copy and transcribe everything (again), but it's boring waiting for everyone else to catch up on their paperwork.  (necessary, but still...)

so... put to the panel:

Should Cannonshop ask for a second faction, just so he has something to do between turns?

Marlin

You should know my opinion on it. Although I fear for the people of the faction you take..

:-*

Cannonshop

Quote from: Marlin on November 06, 2010, 09:48:25 AM
You should know my opinion on it. Although I fear for the people of the faction you take..

iirc, if I do it, it has to be one of the vacant clans-which means I can't use most of my "Nightmare fuel" tricks-the Clans are pretty well stratified and defined, not a lot of wiggle room for crazy shit of the type and nature that I use on a regular basis.

GraeGor

Quote from: Cannonshop on November 06, 2010, 10:30:58 AM
Quote from: Marlin on November 06, 2010, 09:48:25 AM

iirc, if I do it, it has to be one of the vacant clans-which means I can't use most of my "Nightmare fuel" tricks-the Clans are pretty well stratified and defined, not a lot of wiggle room for crazy shit of the type and nature that I use on a regular basis.

not necessarily...just have to be creative in its implementation and presentation to the rest of the Clan(s)

NVA

And, given the strange moves some of the clans have taken, there is room.  Go take the Coyotes.  :)

I am not even sure who is vacant at this point that wouldn't be a direct conflict for you.

Marlin

Well, if the Coyotes would see what happens right now, I am certain they would ask for Surkai and be at the Terran's throats. *dreams*