OOC Thread #2

Started by Dave Baughman, July 26, 2010, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NVA

Quote from: Marlin on November 06, 2010, 11:29:57 AM
Well, if the Coyotes would see what happens right now, I am certain they would ask for Surkai and be at the Terran's throats. *dreams*

Depends on which side of the Wolverine claims they land on.  REmember, there is now a lot of evidence out there about the truth, evidence against genocide, and, now, evidence is out there that some clans believe that the trial was already lost.  So, the Coyotes could just as easily end up on the side AGAINST the anihilation and trying to stop the theats to the Inner Sphere that the clans were claiming was their purpose.  Just happens to be the clans ARE that threat now.  :)

Cannonshop

Quote from: NVA on November 06, 2010, 11:34:54 AM
Quote from: Marlin on November 06, 2010, 11:29:57 AM
Well, if the Coyotes would see what happens right now, I am certain they would ask for Surkai and be at the Terran's throats. *dreams*

Depends on which side of the Wolverine claims they land on.  REmember, there is now a lot of evidence out there about the truth, evidence against genocide, and, now, evidence is out there that some clans believe that the trial was already lost.  So, the Coyotes could just as easily end up on the side AGAINST the anihilation and trying to stop the theats to the Inner Sphere that the clans were claiming was their purpose.  Just happens to be the clans ARE that threat now.  :)

[scoff]LIKE the terries need any help on that score![/scoff]

I floated the idea at the staff, we'll see if they come back with an answer.  I'm just wondering what you guys all think, and whether it's actually a good idea (or even do-able, given how many dealings I've got with the UIW, and the proximity of the nearest vacancies...)  I'm really hoping NOT to end up getting accused of metagaming or fanwanking or jumping the shark-all of which are distinct possibilities if I go forward with this unless I tread really carefully.   

NVA

Well, I would rule out the ones you are dealing with.  You have not had direct dealings with the Camels that I know of.  I think the DS might be okay.  I am not sure who else is open.  I would avoid the Cats.  I think the others have players?

NVA

And, as a secondary thought, it is not so much IS vs. Clans anymore.  It is more Pro/Neutral Terran vs. Anti Terrans.  Given the UIW being Anti Terran, maybe take a Pro/Neutral Terran clan.

Daemonknight

Holt has the Sharks, Marlin is doubled for the Spirit Cats atm...everyone else is either taken or essentially dead.

Or since CS has a flair for the 'wtf??' RP moves(:P) how about the GMs bring Bodee Beryl back? Techniclly, nobody has actually proved he's dead(he or she? I can't remember. Damn gender-neutral names). Bodee comes back, knows the source of the conspiracy...wouldn't THAT be fun to watch.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Marlin

Dont give him bad ideas.

The Camels must march and soon we stand before the gates to Terra!

NVA

OR...To really screw with things...

Let CS take the Conspiracy :)

Marlin

Uhh.. yeah.. interesting thought from the storyline perspective, however, I am not sure it would be worth playing a Clan.. :P

I dont want infested Clans.. fouling from within, and picked apart from both sides.

I am sure you would love that, eh?

I am hoping on the Camels, then. Or whatever, lets see.

NVA

Why shouldn't the clans have their own Lyrans or FWL.  Cancers from within  :)

*glances with a grin at chaos...

Just kidding man.  Going to be fun to see where your RP goes...lol

Daemonknight

we already have Cancers from within...the Scientist conspiracy, the GolScorps.

I think we have enough internal strife, considering that we're at about half the number of Cannon Clans at this point.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

tassa_kay

Quote from: Daemonknight on November 06, 2010, 01:38:54 PM
Or since CS has a flair for the 'wtf??' RP moves(:P) how about the GMs bring Bodee Beryl back? Techniclly, nobody has actually proved he's dead(he or she? I can't remember. Damn gender-neutral names). Bodee comes back, knows the source of the conspiracy...wouldn't THAT be fun to watch.

If Bodee Beyl comes back, she's already earmarked for August, who is the only person that could actually RP her properly.

Daemonknight

I believe that's up to the GMs, not us.

tassa_kay

Quote from: Daemonknight on November 06, 2010, 05:11:26 PM
I believe that's up to the GMs, not us.

As I said, she's already earmarked for August. ;)

Daemonknight

Either that means you're a GM now, or they've already decided that she's coming back, and August is taking control of...well, whoever finds her(i assume either the Camels or elements of the Mandrills thus far not revealed to us).

tassa_kay

Quote from: Daemonknight on November 06, 2010, 05:16:05 PM
Either that means you're a GM now, or they've already decided that she's coming back, and August is taking control of...well, whoever finds her(i assume either the Camels or elements of the Mandrills thus far not revealed to us).

Neither, actually. ;)