OOC Thread #2

Started by Dave Baughman, July 26, 2010, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. JibberJab

so im curious. theres a list of notable leaders of the Clans....how come theres not one for the I.S.??  :)

Marlin

I might have 2 Answers for that. 1st: Fate didnt make one. and 2nd: Because it would be way too big?

Clans esp. in this game, are quite few factions any more, IS actually Got more factions to type in.

Parmenion

Answer Nr 1.   Same as Marlin's.

Smart-arse answer Nr 1.  Because it's too much drama updating the list every cycle, just because the Lyrans yet again change their Archon  ;)

quite frankly, they change their Archon more often than I change my underwear

Cannonshop

Quote from: Parmenion on November 14, 2010, 11:52:58 AM
Answer Nr 1.   Same as Marlin's.

Smart-arse answer Nr 1.  Because it's too much drama updating the list every cycle, just because the Lyrans yet again change their Archon  ;)

That, and too much work-just look at, say, the UIW-one faction, probably (likely) the smallest and newest in the game, over twenty "Name" characters not including lower-level people.  August's...whatever they're named this week has even MORE.

By contrast, with the Clans, no matter how big they may be, you only really need to account on a regular basis for three Personalities-the Khan, the SaKhan, and the Loremaster.  Everyone else is readily changeable and doesn't really impact the function of the 'state'.

The GREAT houses it's even WORSE than the UIW-just accounting for the highest non-Head-of-state personalities in the FedSuns, for instance, you're looking at a shit-ton of characters.  Add in Ambassadors (to whatever alliances exist), major-duty "Hero" characters in the Military, and I'd guess there's at least two to five times MY faction's individual throw-weight in names to track, along with important titles-and that's assuming someone doesn't come up with a new character in the next turn.

Marlin

tassa_kay

Quote from: Parmenion on November 14, 2010, 11:52:58 AM

Is that really something to want to air, Parm?  Pun fully intended. ;)

Cannonshop

Someone get Parm a can of baby-wipes and some skin-lotion, Stat!

I'll go down to the street corner and see if I can find a leggy blonde of loose morals to apply them to the poor man...

tassa_kay

I'm fairly certain Parm is capable of wiping his own ass.  :P

Cannonshop

It's the chafing from them getting all crusty and stuff, Tassa-average term for an Archon's been about two to four months.  He claims not to have changed his drawers more frequently than that...which leads to chafing and all sorts of ugly consequences.

tassa_kay

Well, you're obviously an authority on the subject, so I bow to your superior wisdom. ;)

august

Well, if I get my way, there will be no more Archons, so problem resolved. Bela Kun Agnes Eszterhazi will reign forever!

GreyJaeger

[Cleveland from Family Guy]"Y'all are just nasty!"[/Cleveland]

Marlin

So, whats the deal about Turn 44?

Will be kinda decisive in my Opinion. (the turn, not the beginning. :P)

Does it still start or what?

Fatebringer

Definately the wrong place to post this.