OOC Thread #2

Started by Dave Baughman, July 26, 2010, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlin

Dis, if you think there would be no comms or ships to Coventry if need be, then you would be mistaken.

If the diplomats would agree to a ceasefire, I think there is no way the fight could not be stopped. Esp. as the rules are rather abstract as well as the timetables.

;)

Its a question of will.

DisGruntled

Grae's pm from last night makes a bit more sense now.  I hadn't realized anything out of the normal was going on in the UIW thread let alone that we were involved.  I'll have to read up on what I've missed.

Daemonknight

mostly the usual planning what to do next, but I threw out a set of terms to end the CSA-FWL pissing match.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Iron Mongoose

Its always about pissing.  One of these days, its going to be a pooing match, and then you're all going down, suckas.

Daemonknight

"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

august

Quote from: Iron Mongoose on December 18, 2010, 08:40:27 PM
Its always about pissing.  One of these days, its going to be a pooing match, and then you're all going down, suckas.

As someone who endured such a match, I can only concur with this judgment.

GreyJaeger

Quote from: august on December 19, 2010, 05:10:15 AM
Quote from: Iron Mongoose on December 18, 2010, 08:40:27 PM

As someone who endured such a match, I can only concur with this judgment.

Eww. And that is coming from someone who spent ten years in the water and sewer industry.

Marlin

:-[ I voted in the poll for the execution of the open fights. Sorry. One could say I am involved, but def. not directly.  Sheesh. If you want, deduct one vote from the leading option.

Fatebringer

They were using the following in the S7 thread, have the Arluna folks been backed by Comstar? Or are IS forces just re-adjusting their forces?

QuoteStandard (CS-Flamer) (cannonshop)
Gunnery Skill : Crispino Bonometti [4]
Kills : 0

Cannonshop

Quote from: Fatebringer on December 30, 2010, 10:43:58 PM
They were using the following in the S7 thread, have the Arluna folks been backed by Comstar? Or are IS forces just re-adjusting their forces?

The weapons-lists on MM 35.20 (at least, the borked version I downloaded) were missing a LOT of stuff-like Fenrir, Gray Death Standard, and other notably "Lyran" designs (also designs pre-dating TRO 3067, anything in the "Heavy" BA list, etc. etc.)  ergo, "Handwave" the son of a bitch, it was a small-scale engagement anyway, and I managed to get 80% Lyran Parts Commonality without going over sixty tonnes or slower than 5/8 (except for the 'Standard' BA-which I really would rather have had GD Standards for- 3 ground speed without having to tell it 'jump' every single frigging time...)

as to why I didn't just go ALL-Rotties? a two-squad scout element is plenty for a fight on that scale.  I lost one squad of Rotties because I was stupid and stopped them where they could have the building dropped on them.  I don't LIKE the Rottweiler armor, however they did serve well in the job they were there for-to chew up enemy infantry and keep them from being a useful asset for the enemy (it only took a single squad for that-the first one died in the structure almost  a full map before they were of any use...)

Cannonshop

Not a flaw in the version, it's a problem with extracting it to the desktop. 

Fatebringer

Will the FGC archives from CBT ever get linked to this board?

Marlin

I think they are. There is just no good exclusive spot for it.

http://fc62.intelser.org/Archives/

Fatebringer

Quote from: Cannonshop on December 31, 2010, 04:41:28 AM

The weapons-lists on MM 35.20 (at least, the borked version I downloaded) were missing a LOT of stuff-like Fenrir, Gray Death Standard, and other notably "Lyran" designs (also designs pre-dating TRO 3067, anything in the "Heavy" BA list, etc. etc.)  ergo, "Handwave" the son of a bitch, it was a small-scale engagement anyway, and I managed to get 80% Lyran Parts Commonality without going over sixty tonnes or slower than 5/8 (except for the 'Standard' BA-which I really would rather have had GD Standards for- 3 ground speed without having to tell it 'jump' every single frigging time...)

as to why I didn't just go ALL-Rotties? a two-squad scout element is plenty for a fight on that scale.  I lost one squad of Rotties because I was stupid and stopped them where they could have the building dropped on them.  I don't LIKE the Rottweiler armor, however they did serve well in the job they were there for-to chew up enemy infantry and keep them from being a useful asset for the enemy (it only took a single squad for that-the first one died in the structure almost  a full map before they were of any use...)

I was bringing it up, not because of the type of armor, the armor is Inner Sphere Standard, the only difference is the people per unit. The question is, are all of the Spheroids going to start using 6 man squads now because it outnumbers the clans?

Cannonshop

Quote from: Fatebringer on January 03, 2011, 09:12:00 PM
Quote from: Cannonshop on December 31, 2010, 04:41:28 AM

I was bringing it up, not because of the type of armor, the armor is Inner Sphere Standard, the only difference is the people per unit. The question is, are all of the Spheroids going to start using 6 man squads now because it outnumbers the clans?

Y'know, man, that didn't even OCCUR to me.  (the old ruling was that Comstar, like everyone else, uses 4 man BA squads-it's only post TW that they were allowed six.)