OOC Thread #2

Started by Dave Baughman, July 26, 2010, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatebringer

QuoteCJF forces encircle and capture 10% of CLP forces before combat is resolved.

10% of 70.5 = 7 FP added to CJF salvage

CLP enters combat with 63.5

I love the CJF presumption here ;) I do believe you have to win the fight before you can call it "Your" salvage :P

Cannonshop

Quote from: Fatebringer on January 24, 2011, 07:19:41 PM
QuoteCJF forces encircle and capture 10% of CLP forces before combat is resolved.

10% of 70.5 = 7 FP added to CJF salvage

CLP enters combat with 63.5

I love the CJF presumption here ;) I do believe you have to win the fight before you can call it "Your" salvage :P

Are you presuming that the Falcons can't mud-stomp the CLP?

Fatebringer

I presume nothing, sir. My point is that he was. ::)

Cannonshop

Well, before you add the 10% out of action, the CLP took 67.9 (Round u to the nearest .25 it's 68) FPs just off the straight combat roll.
add another 10% and it's an overkill...by a lot.

IIRC, Daemonknight's surgery may have fogged him, 'cause that capture should be calc'ed off of HIS numbers, which adds out closer to 11 FP, but even if that 10% is based on August's, it's still more troops than he HAS just bit it.

Barring a 12 or similar event on that side...

Marlin

Anyone else wondering where the Niopsians got 6 nukes?  :o

Cannonshop

Quote from: Marlin on January 24, 2011, 08:27:57 PM
Anyone else wondering where the Niopsians got 6 nukes?  :o

I don't wonder at all about that-they've been building them since nukes were game-legal, and even with their itty-bitty economy, that's plenty of time to build nukes.

Marlin

I would not believe that, one costs 25 RP.. My guess is they got help. Aplenty.

Cannonshop

Quote from: Marlin on January 24, 2011, 09:04:24 PM

Look at it this way-when you win (and based on numbers, that's a "When" not an "if"), you can go over their books (Intel mission: Investigation) to find out how much help, and where from, they got building that arsenal... 

Iron Mongoose

They most likely started out with at least a few.  When you take a look at their posture, pretty much from day one they've been lobbying for nukes again and again, saying that "oh, we've got such a small little faction, we need them more than anyone else, we'll surely use them, we won't hesitate..." It definatly implies that either 1) they had nukes, at least one or two, from day one or 2) they had a reasonable plan to get them, and they expected they could do it quickly, from day one.  And from there, they've doubtless persued getting more, since their running their mouth has largely ensured that the one faction most likely to take them on (my old one, naturaly) would have known damn well going in what to expect, and they'd better not be writing checks their nuclear arsonal can't cash.

That said, it could be either, or both, of thouse options.  

Its possible that the Niops players argued that since nukes were pretty pervasive in the SL era, it would only be naturaly for Niops to have a few (despite being a science outpost, with minimal defences), and given that the GMs were seemingly fairly permissive in granting their requests (I'll simply speak about the GM team of the time as a whole here, and point to a combination of their repeated OOC comments on the topic, as well as things like elves and androids and resurection technology and all sorts of other shadowrun stuff we've seen so far as evidance of this) they agreed and Niops got five or six nukes.

Or it could be that the Terrans or some other nuke having group gave them to Niops, for any number of reasons (protection against the FWL, the Terrans' sworn enemy, for example, or against the Marians, or Magistracy, or pirates, or what ever).  This could have been for altruistic reasons (we don't want an SL member/the last relic of the last SL/our fellow periphery people/what ever smashed) or for some pay off (alliances, staging for fleets, astronomical data, what ever).

Iron Mongoose

Quote from: Cannonshop on January 24, 2011, 09:11:07 PM
Quote from: Marlin on January 24, 2011, 09:04:24 PM

Look at it this way-when you win (and based on numbers, that's a "When" not an "if"), you can go over their books (Intel mission: Investigation) to find out how much help, and where from, they got building that arsenal... 

I'd love to see that.  Though they're probably more cooked than my last attempt at Thanksgiving turkey  ::) (ICly, of course.  I don't expect the former players had either an inclination or a need to cook any books).

NVA

Well, at one point, I believe the CoPS asked me about nukes that were CoPS that Niops had...But, I could be mistaken, since I don't know ALL the books.  :)

Marlin

I think humanity can be happy though, as 6 less nukes= more peace in the universe.

;D

Marlin

On another note:

http://intelser.org/forums/index.php?topic=2417.0

This is very open for proxies. If you find someone to play this, have fun. But soon.

Jeyar

IIRC Niops should have started with the NK's legal turn with at least 4, so while that is two added from what I know of possibly, there was a bit of question on the rules back then that they could have technically started with 6.

Cannonshop

Quote from: Marlin on January 24, 2011, 09:28:40 PM
On another note:

http://intelser.org/forums/index.php?topic=2417.0

This is very open for proxies. If you find someone to play this, have fun. But soon.

I can do it, if someone else will host.