OOC Thread #2

Started by Dave Baughman, July 26, 2010, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Mongoose

So is there finaly going to be a great leap foward? 

I go for a month, and now it seems like something I've been pushing for years is implemented  ::)

Daemonknight

theres going to be a 20 year time leap, so yes, there is to be a jump foreward. And its because Dave and Josh are stepping down from GMing the game.

The homeworlds are being cut(they still exist, and the Clans will all have a presence there, but there wont be any activity there). The Terran Hegemony won't exist in its current form, and essentially wont be the TH we all know. The purpose being to get rid of the Clans vs TH storyline that both is the driving force/ignored objective of the current game(lets face it, nobody was REALLY driving for Terra, for various reasons).

WoB is being purged, and ComStar is returning to it's 1st/2nd Succession War stance of neutral communications provider, not military force(although the 3-4 hexes have a ComGuard presence to protect Terra's immediate vicinity).

none of this is 100% yet(except for the 20 years), but it should provide a baseline of what ideas/concepts to expect.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Marlin

Quote from: Iron Mongoose on February 07, 2011, 05:53:03 AM
So is there finaly going to be a great leap foward? 

I go for a month, and now it seems like something I've been pushing for years is implemented  ::)

Hmm,, the Great Leap forward.. :P

But well, you are heartily invited to take over some faction. *whisper* I have the hottest stuff, just ask me, man.

NVA

With the coming changes and being able to ch :'(art a different course for the faction, now appears to be the time for me to retire.  This will allow a new owner to decide what course to take.  I have enjoyed my time playing.

Lord Harlock

Well at least Yvonne will probably get a kid finally. That was one of those things that I always wanted to get done but never did.

Daemonknight

I plan on atleast one, maybe more(i want atleast one old enough to be a mechwarrior).
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

GraeGor

20 year jump....hmmm

going to have to consider things

GraeGor

IF I come back to the game, and to be honest I am seriously tempted to, Im going to need updates as to what happened since I left...

I had several sub-plots in the background that never got resolved with other Factions...Ive got PMs out to those indiviuals to begin bouncing ideas around. Other PMs may be sent once I get home.

Daemonknight

theres been a single turn since u left. Pretty much nothing happened concerning the Adders because they stalled when u and Dis left.

Marlin

Copy Daemon. Luckily, the FWL-FS-Drac force did not push further and foul on Coventry until now. But still, I am sure they are there.

Some Hexes (or just one) were taken in honorable combat by the Falcons  though. From your Clan. That was it I think.

Daemonknight

just one, Howick, which we then gave to the UIW.

GraeGor

Knew about Howick, and an idea for Coventry that will probably have to be passed by the GMs and other concerned players via PMs and/or RP...more than likely the former

Deathrider6

Just a note please post in the roll call thread in the T46 board. Check in so to speak.

tassa_kay

If I don't get my Internet and computer situation sorted out by the end of next week, I'm out. Just an FYI. That is all.

Iron Mongoose

Well you'd better get with it, then.  If your internet connection deprives us of seeing the reanimated zombie corpse of Kira Keller in action, there's gonna be trouble.