OOC Thread #2

Started by Dave Baughman, July 26, 2010, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

Continued from the original OOC thread...
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

chaosxtreme

But Dave...we were so close to page 69!

NVA

But, if he always turns the page at 1000, we will never get to 69...

august

Please, please don't let this become the FGC front of the culture wars.  ;)

Marlin

I will freely admit that I did not get all those rolls. I think there were even double rolls, but I guess you can see my confusion there. No need to explain it to me as well. Hope I dont get into that situation.

Marlin

Oh, and whats going on on Arc-Royal? If this was a Stackpole novel, then the Wolvies and the Kell Hounds would rush in, take out all the bad guys, free Morgan and build a defense line from the ground up against which the Clan Hordes will wash and be killed like flies.

;D

august

Believe me, this is just the beginning. No one takes A-R seriously, you'd better believe that they're going to start acting like a besieged junta.

chaosxtreme

Hey the FWL takes you seriously.

We put a lot of serious effort into diplomatically isolating you and manipulating other people into cutting your head off for us.

Kneel before zod!

Wait...zod? Yeah Zach Obediah Donners. General in command of the 9th Regulan Hussars.

Oh ok carry on.

GraeGor

man all kinds of shit hits the fan when I'm away at work

after a few hours of sleep, I'll see about addressing some of the outstanding AC/Charlie stuff

DXM

Quote from: august on July 26, 2010, 05:10:05 PM
Believe me, this is just the beginning. No one takes A-R seriously, you'd better believe that they're going to start acting like a besieged junta.

I take you seriously. . . as a threat.  Which is why my defector troops are vacating your space pretty quick.  Take you seriously as in being the legal ruler of the Commonwealth?  Well, I had considered that, August. . . . until the Estates General started badmouthing Daphne.

Cannonshop

For the record, Debbie isn't enjoying seeing what's become of Arc Royal.  (She doesn't know that Morgan's back from Exile yet-the last time she'd heard of him, he was bound out to the OWA with his Nephew and the Kell Hounds...)

tassa_kay

Quote from: DXM on July 26, 2010, 05:42:39 PM
I take you seriously. . . as a threat.  Which is why my defector troops are vacating your space pretty quick.  Take you seriously as in being the legal ruler of the Commonwealth?  Well, I had considered that, August. . . . until the Estates General started badmouthing Daphne.

I wasn't aware that badmouthing someone was grounds to not recognize them legally, if they have a claim as such.  Seems a little petulant and childish to me.

DXM

Really?  So the fact that the badmouthing never once included political recognition of the Rim has nothing to do with it?  Reciprocity is the name of the game in politics, TK.  Even my touch-and-go ally of Skye considers the Rim to be an internal rebellion that needs quashing, which makes that situation rather tentative, too.  The same applies for the UIW, which is why I haven't recognized its independence either.

Quid pro quo and all that.

tassa_kay

Which is all well and good, but that's not what you said.  You said that you considered taking Arc-Royal seriously as being the legitimate ruler of the Commonwealth until they started badmouthed everyone's favorite martyr.   Might want to make your actual sentiment a little clearer before you lecture me on politics. ;)

DXM

Professors lecture, TK.  I merely post commentary.   ;D