Fan Council '62 Signup & Registration Thread

Started by Dave Baughman, February 24, 2010, 10:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

does that mean i can publicly badmouth you, since we get along?

j/k :) glad to have u back Tassa
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

tassa_kay

Quote from: Daemonknight on October 10, 2010, 12:12:26 AM
does that mean i can publicly badmouth you, since we get along?

Of course, dear.  I would be mad if you DIDN'T. ;)

Mr. JibberJab

I hear da bears need some help  :)

Edit: This is foxxy btw =)

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Mr. JibberJab on October 13, 2010, 12:06:35 AM

Welcome back, Foxx. I have no problem with you working with the Bears as long as JediBear is cool with it. Of course, please don't feel forced to play RD if you want to try something else - there are a couple of other openings at the moment too I believe.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

tassa_kay

Mr. JibberJab

Quote from: tassa_kay on October 13, 2010, 08:48:58 PM
Like the Cats.  Please take the Cats. :P

eeeew spirit cats  ;D

as for the RD, If one of my fellow trothkin asks for help i'm always down to assist =) Took me a while to take up the call, since i all ready answerd the call of duty ;) ...... sorry bad CoD joke ^__^ but yeah if Jedi bear doesn't accept my help i'll go where needed ^_^. You know i always wanted to take up piracy ;) Mebbe go merc ^__^

ps. The cake is a lie.

Mr. JibberJab

Quote from: Dave Baughman on October 13, 2010, 08:48:29 PM

Welcome back, Foxx. I have no problem with you working with the Bears as long as JediBear is cool with it. Of course, please don't feel forced to play RD if you want to try something else - there are a couple of other openings at the moment too I believe.

Jedibear just sent me a pm accepting me, so what now =) do i have to wait to post?

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Mr. JibberJab on October 17, 2010, 09:01:50 PM

Jedibear just sent me a pm accepting me, so what now =) do i have to wait to post?

Sounds like you are good to go. Welcome back!
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Mr. JibberJab

Quote from: Dave Baughman on October 17, 2010, 11:31:26 PM
Quote from: Mr. JibberJab on October 17, 2010, 09:01:50 PM
I hear da bears need some help  :)

Thanks! =) We should jibber about the new SRW anime sometime =)

Sounds like you are good to go. Welcome back!

Starkiller

GraeGor recruited me to come and play over here. Is it possible to be in an Inner Sphere Faction and a Clan faction? The factions I am most interested in playing are the Federated Suns and the Diamond Sharks at this point. Who currently is running and playing those factions? That isn't official resquests yet, though, too join those factions. I'll probably point a list of three factions as stated to be the way to do it. Is it possible to get some kind of summary of the current situation of events, too? GraeGor gave me a sitrep and I've browsed around a bit, too, but I'd like to get as good of general overview as possible. Thanks

Starkiller

p.s. How much MegaMek is played around here? Grae said this used to be a good place for MM action but schedule conflicts have limited that action now somewhat. I work the night shift at my job; I work three twelves and then have four days off. For example, I go to work tonite, Monday night, and Tuesday night and the get done on Wednesday morning until Sunday night again. This gives me good time to play MM for four days depending on if I have real life stuff going on. Also, I may not be able to be too active until the new year with the holidays coming up...

Dave Baughman

Hi Starkiller :)

As of next turn the Federated Suns will be an open faction with no players in it. The Diamond Sharks are run by Holt.

To summarize recent events in the storyline:

Its early 3070, and the war between the Clans and the Terran Hegemony is still ongoing. The Rasalhague Dominion recently abandoned its neutrality and entered the war on the Clan side, and the Lyran Commonwealth has fractured and disintegrated into a number of successor states. Allied forces defending Coventry are just barely holding out, but are being hammered by a massive Clan invasion force. Things are looking rather grim on the Lyran front, though the Draconis Combine has so far managed to repel all attempts by the Clans to open a second front in their territory.

On the other side of the Sphere, the Federated Suns and Taurian Concordat are currently fighting to protect their own holdings from Dark attacks, which culminated this turn in a bold move to invade Taurus. Currently Dark ground forces have seized control of the Taurian capital, but TC warships in orbit are preventing them from consolidating those gains.

You may also find the current map a usefull tool by which to gauge the in-game situation.

As for MegaMek, it doesn't get played as much as it used to in the old days, but as Grae correctly reported to you that's mostly a scheduling issue. I think you'll find that if people can find the time for a game, they'll still be happy to battle it out "old school."

Starkiller

What Clans don't have players or are most in need of players? I wasn't eagerly looking forward to running a faction right away, but it might be an action that needs to be taken right off the bat...

Starkiller

I am also assuming that means I can be in a clan and IS faction?