Fan Council '62 Signup & Registration Thread

Started by Dave Baughman, February 24, 2010, 10:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tassa_kay

Assuming that the actual faction leader lets you do that. ;)

Chained Lady

I'm not signing up to be an inactive guys pawn.

tassa_kay

Well, unless things change with that situation or you pick another faction, you'll be doing exactly that. ;)

GraeGor

Quote from: tassa_kay on August 26, 2010, 04:42:47 PM
Well, unless things change with that situation or you pick another faction, you'll be doing exactly that. ;)

I believe that Holt has been running the Scorps and Sharks on behalf of the GM's, and that pretty much anything he wanted to do had to get GM stamp of approval....I of course could be wrong, but that is the impression I've gotten

tassa_kay

Quote from: GraeGor on August 26, 2010, 05:46:48 PM
I believe that Holt has been running the Scorps and Sharks on behalf of the GM's, and that pretty much anything he wanted to do had to get GM stamp of approval....I of course could be wrong, but that is the impression I've gotten

You aren't wrong (in this case, anyway). ;)

Dave Baughman

To clarify:

Holt is assisting with the Scorps (GM-controlled faction)

Holt is running the Sharks as his actual player faction
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

RedCairo

OK I have not heard from Holt and now I now sure whats going on with the Sharks so is there a list of clans that are still open that doesn't have someone running them?

Dave Baughman

I believe the Camels (ex-Mandrills... kind of a long story) are looking for a player, though Iron Mongoose may correct me there. All of the other Clans, as far as I know, have at least one full-time player.

Exceptions would be the Goliath Scoprions who are not available as a player faction at this time due to ongoing plot activity with them. Same for the Smoke Jaguars (well, their survivors at least).

On the Inner Sphere side I believe every faction has a player except for the Niops Association (who also 'own' the First Lord of the Star League at the moment).
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Chained Lady

Please disregard this post

Iron Mongoose

If anyone wanted to join the Camels, I would surely welcome it.  I do my best, but my best is somewhat limited. 

RedCairo

MMmm... Well do you guys do Merc groups and if not is there anyone out there that would like someone to help them out?

Marlin

If you are a fan of roleplaying much, nearly all Clans could use you. :)

Mercs are mostly small and playerless, I think, but there you are on your own if you prefer that.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: RedCairo on August 28, 2010, 06:42:52 AM
MMmm... Well do you guys do Merc groups and if not is there anyone out there that would like someone to help them out?

The GM team is considering a pilot program to bring player-controlled mercenaries back into the game, but I would recommend also joining a conventional faction to develop familiarity with the rules and the universe.

As to the mercenary pilot program, more information will follow soon.

Chained Lady

Dave Baughman

And I should clarify: by "considering" I mean, "I have a draft rules set already written which I am fine-tuning in the hopes of launching it soon."