Fan Council '62 Signup & Registration Thread

Started by Dave Baughman, February 24, 2010, 10:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlin

Hm.. I fear I cannot do much when the Vipers strike anyway. Except lift a digit. :P But as my oldest allies, I got to defend them verbally. The IS Mandrills at that. THey cut the ties to the HWs quite a time ago. So, the Hellions, besides the RP problems of not having someone to talk to, are still allied with them. They are crumpling under the might of Terrans and Dracs, though.. so even without the Vipers, they will soon be too weak.

So, I dont share your opinion, but I can see the Viper's stance in this. If you can absorb enough of them, at least this could be a way to get us back together.. but that remains to be seen of course.

Welcome back in the action. :)

Iron Mongoose

I will say that as long as the Mandrills were doing anything, they were fighting the Terrans (or at least the IS).  The Mandrills were a big part of the drive against the Lyrans, and ran into the Terrans at Odessa.  They were at Somerset and 1st Sudeten, and Mandrill forces were some of the forces that didn't manage to break out before the Terrans came back.  Their inactivity of late is unfortunate, but I would argue not in keeping with their past stance on the matter.

GraeGor

Quote from: GreyJaeger on March 22, 2010, 04:05:27 PM

Other than being attacked, when have the IS Mandrills been engaged against the Terrans? Not for a while.

But the Vipers have no friends as it is. Granted, right now we are pushing any potentials away :P :P, but cest la vie.

wouldnt exactly say that, strained perhaps, but not lost

QuoteNot having players for many Clans does hurt the Clans in particular, and the whole game in general.

Im thinking we may need a recruitment drive to get some players to come over and at least give it a try here

QuoteI think the Adder players may think I am trying, or have tried to tell them how to run their faction, and it may have seemed that way. I would not do so. But I honestly cannot see why any Clan would truly want to defend the Mandrills. I can see players wanting to, but that starts into the prospect of Metagaming. I am not accusing anyone of such, so please don't get upset. I can see the "We need every Warrior" aspect, but we are still Clan, and we are supposed to be better than the IS. Allowing the Mandrills to continue on as they have I feel is unClan-like.

thought never crossed my mind...that's the thing with the Clans, each one has its own idea and views as to what it means to be Clan

a few have used those differences to motivate others into action, some have tried the same unsuccessfully

if the Vipers want to lay the smack down on some monkey butt, the Adders wont stand in their way.....we considering options ourselves on what to do about the Mandrills, though with having to integrate the Cobras and deal with more than a few holdouts, we havent really come up with anything concrete yet

QuoteI am making this post to hopefully clear any air and to try to get back into the act of being active.

yeah, I havent done a whole lot IC for the last couple of weeks, so kinda need to do the same

GraeGor

Quote from: Iron Mongoose on March 22, 2010, 06:34:44 PM
I will say that as long as the Mandrills were doing anything, they were fighting the Terrans (or at least the IS).  The Mandrills were a big part of the drive against the Lyrans, and ran into the Terrans at Odessa.  They were at Somerset and 1st Sudeten, and Mandrill forces were some of the forces that didn't manage to break out before the Terrans came back.  Their inactivity of late is unfortunate, but I would argue not in keeping with their past stance on the matter.

right now Id be content with a suicidal charge in any direction that leads them deeper into the IS, or any other action that would serve to allow them to go out with Honor and/or a Big Bang...something that would purge (in their minds) the actions of the HW Mandrills from staining their Honor

Dave Baughman

Hi everyone!

First off, let me thank everyone who has either picked up a new faction or is volunteering to assist with the GM-controlled factions. I have sent out a ton of orders sheets, but if I missed anyone please let me know and I will get you up to speed.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Lord Harlock

Okay, is the news thread open to whoever wants to post news again?

Didn't read close enough, so ignore this.

Parmenion

Dave,

Who is the leader of the Outworlds Alliance these days?  Or at least, preparing and turning in their sheets?

Thanks.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Parmenion on March 24, 2010, 01:57:25 PM
Dave,

Who is the leader of the Outworlds Alliance these days?  Or at least, preparing and turning in their sheets?

Thanks.

Valjean is the OWA leader at this time.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Iron Mongoose

It is my intention to take the Mandrills back, at least in the IS.  My understanding is that they were basicly dormant, but if anyone had any conversations with them, or if they wanted to have them, address them to me.

Marlin

Is this official? I mean, intention is just that.. :P

If you take them, great, cuz Hellions would have much to talk to their oldest ally... :'(

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Marlin on March 27, 2010, 03:28:31 PM
Is this official? I mean, intention is just that.. :P

If you take them, great, cuz Hellions would have much to talk to their oldest ally... :'(

IM has been approved to run the I.S. Monkeys.

GreyWolfActual

So here I am.  Is anyone else on the CPS willing to take up the Coalition Banner and worksheet, because I'm not really.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: GreyWolfActual on March 28, 2010, 04:52:14 AM
So here I am.  Is anyone else on the CPS willing to take up the Coalition Banner and worksheet, because I'm not really.

GWA, are you planning to run the Marians going forward? Let me know what your plans are so I can update the roster.

Marlin

Hey, greetings GWA to the far, dark side of the IS.  :D

Lord Harlock

Been talking to Billy Boy, and he will be in the FedSuns again by Friday. Look forward to more Machiavellian maneuvers from Duke Paul Ryan-Bowman.