Mercenary Pilot Program Signups

Started by Dave Baughman, September 05, 2010, 10:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

Hi everyone,

The Mercenary Pilot Program, for which a draft rules set was recently posted in another thread, will be starting in Turn 43. If you are interested in playing a mercenary unit, please sign up here. A list of available units will be coming soon, but the Wolf Dragoons will definitely be available.

One player has already called dibs on Wolf Dragoons Alpha Command, but Beta, Gamma, Delta, and Epsilon commands are still available.

Stand by for an expanded list of available units (won't be available till after orders for turn 42 come in)
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Daemonknight

I want a Dragoons command!

Or am I the player that already has dibs on Alpha? :)
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Daemonknight on September 06, 2010, 01:20:26 AM
I want a Dragoons command!

Or am I the player that already has dibs on Alpha? :)

Yes  ;)
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Daemonknight

"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

tassa_kay

If I can possibly request it, I want the Black Widows.  Doesn't hurt to ask, right?  And I'd love to play Stacy Church.

Daemonknight

Black Widows, ie Natasha Kerensky's unit within the Dragoons? Wasn't that Zeta Command, I thought they were wiped out?

Aleksandr

The Black Widow Company/Battalion is an independent unit.

tassa_kay

Are we limited to just one unit, or can we request more than one?  And I'm definitely making the Black Widow Company my first choice, whatever the answer is.

Daemonknight

You can only command a single Merc unit, no matter size or other factions. As nobody else has claimed them, unless theres an RP reason for the unit no longer existing, I'm sure you'd get it. Do u want them as an actual independant command, or semi-attatched to a larger Combat Command?

tassa_kay

I'd want them as an actual indepedent command.  I'd probably base them right from the Wolf and Blake book, unless Dave has other ideas for it.  I'm all 'bout Stacy Church.

Parmenion

Question... are these Wolf Dragoon units new formations?  And if so, are they starting out as Regular rated?  Thanks.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Parmenion on September 07, 2010, 01:06:28 PM
Question... are these Wolf Dragoon units new formations?  And if so, are they starting out as Regular rated?  Thanks.

Many of the officers are old Dragoon veterans (Maeve Wolf is commanding Alpha Brigade), but overall these are new formations raised from recent Dragoon sibko graduates. They will be starting at Regular skill just like any other new-build unit.

chaosxtreme

Daemonknight

Wolf Dragoons Alpha Command
-1 Overstrength Regiment of Clan 'Mechs (1 assault coy, 4 heavy coy, 4 medium coy, 2 light coy) -- 17.0 FP
-2 Regiments of IS-2 armor (3 assault coy, 6 heavy coy, 7 medium coy, 3 light coy) -- 11.75 FP
-2 Batallions of Clan Battle Armor (6 coys) -- 1.5 FP
-1 Star Lord (WDS Jaime Wolf) with 4 DP and 2 DA; 1 heavy sqn, 2 med. sqn, 1 light sqn. 4 battle taxis, 1 FP of marine Clan battle armor -- 7 FP + 2 marine FP
-1 Star Lord (WDS Misery) with 4 DP and 2 DA; 1 heavy sqn, 2 med. sqn, 1 light sqn. 4 battle taxis, 1 FP of marine Clan battle armor -- 7 FP + 2 marine FP
-1 Monolith (WDS Crossing with 9 DT) -- 1 med. sqn, 1 light sqn, 4 battle taxis, 1 FP of marine Clan battle armor -- 3.75 FP naval + 2 marine FP

Total FP: 30.25 FP ground forces, 17.75 FP aerospace, 6 FP marines

the exact makeup is in the Rules for Mercs. All Dragoons commands start as copies of Alpha

tassa_kay

Any word on whether or not I can take up Stacy Church and the Black Widows?  I wasn't sure who I should ask, so I'm posting this here.